Health System 100 Monthly Think Tank Agenda - July 15
Please refresh your browser if you are not seeing the current date.
[ Back to Home ]
COVID-19 "Second Wave" Forecast
Wednesday, July 15 | 4:00 to 5:15 pm ET | Register for Think Tank
Health System 100 Intelligence Group, with a panel of leading epidemiologists and healthcare experts, will present a freshly updated forecast of the Coronavirus and its potential impact on the U.S. healthcare system. Multiple sectors will be on the call – skilled nursing, health systems, home care and senior living.
- Will we see a pronounced second wave or multiple waves?
- Are alternating waves likely or a “steady burn”?
- Have we learned effective public health tools other than lockdowns?
- What is our daily death rate likely to be on September 1? January 1?
We will also “game out” the healthcare impacts of a serious second wave:
- Will consumers again massively postpone hospital elective surgeries?
- Can providers mitigate patient anxiety through proactive messaging?
- Are providers still at big infection control risk with another wave?
- What can providers do now to better master infection control?
- How do you best “contingency plan” with a major COVID risk still present this fall/winter?
- How likely is the US to do versus other countries over the 12 months?
- Is testing and contact tracing still part of the public health response?
- Will we see big variability in states’ ability to control COVID?
Panelists: In Progress
David Ellis, Founder & President, Health System 100
Vin Gupta, MD, Affiliate Assistant Professor of Health Metrics Sciences, Institute for Health Metrics & Evaluation (IHME)
James Lawler, Director, International Programs and Innovation, Global Center for Health Security, University of Nebraska Medical Center
Irwin Redlener, MD, Director, National Center for Disaster Preparedness, Earth Institute, Columbia UniversityEric Toner, MD, Senior Scholar, Senior Scientist, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
This meeting will be recorded for distribution to our database of healthcare leadership. Your participation in this meeting serves as express consent to be recorded.
Interested in listening to past recordings or reading previous Think Tank summaries? Go here.